Stew and some bread for feeling well-fed
Spanish bean, mussel and chorizo stew
This hearty stew is best served with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the juices.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 100ml dry white wine (optional)
- 1 Kallo Tomato and Herb Stock Cube, dissolved in 500ml boiling water
- 2 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g fresh mussels-cleaned well (remove any that don’t close)
- A small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A squeeze of lemon juice and lemon wedges
- Crusty bread to serve
This recipe uses...< Our tasty recipes
How to make
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and chorizo. Fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes, garlic, thyme and bay leaves and fry for couple more minutes.
- Pour in the wine, if using, and simmer until well reduced. Add the stock and beans and simmer together for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the mussels and half of the parsley, cover the pan and gently simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the mussels are all open.
- Serve scattered with the rest of the parsley and drizzle with a little extra olive oil. Pop the lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over and serve with plenty of crusty bread.