A spicy treat with a little heat
Quick chickpea, spring green and coconut curry
This speedy veggie curry can be on the table in a jiffy – perfect when you need to eat in a hurry!
- 6 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 Kallo Organic Vegetable Stock Pot, dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 2-3 tbsp curry paste (to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar (white or brown)
- 480g cooked chickpeas (2 tins, drained weight)
- 2 large heads of spring greens, stalks discarded and finely sliced (or dark green cabbage) (250g prepared weight)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little fresh coriander
- Lemon wedges
- Plain rice to serve
This recipe uses either...
- Organic vegetable stock pots
- Very Low Salt Organic Vegetable Stock cubes
- Organic Vegetable Stock Cubes
How to make
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the shallots over a medium heat for around 5 minutes until they are softened and starting to colour a little. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute before pouring in the coconut milk and stock, stirring well to mix.
- Stir through the curry paste, sugar and chickpeas. Bring up to the boil, season with a little salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer steadily for 10 minutes.
- Add the greens and tomatoes, stirring well to coat them in the sauce. Re-cover with the lid and cook for a further 5-8 minutes, or until the greens are tender but with a little bite. Serve sprinkled with coriander and lemon wedges to squeeze over. Plain rice is the perfect accompaniment.