1. For the slow cooked pork:
– Mix the tahini, tamari, juice and zest of an orange and juice of a lime together in a bowl to make a marinade.
– Wash and dry the shoulder of pork. Score the skin and cover with the marinade so the meat is evenly coated on all sides. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
– Preheat your oven to 220°C and take the meat out of the fridge. Let it come to room temperature before cooking.
– Place the shoulder in the oven and cook for 25 minutes to crisp up the crackling, then turn down the heat to 160°C and continue cooking for a further 4 hours – 4 1/2 hours.
2. For the chipotle mayo:
– Place the mayo and chipotle paste in a bowl and mix well and add lime to taste.
3. For the carrot and beetroot slaw:
– Grate the carrots and beetroot.
– Place the vegetables in a large bowl and add the spring onions.
– Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan until they smell toasted. Remove them from the heat and scatter over the vegetables.
– Mix the olive oil, vinegar, honey and ginger in a little bowl, season and add to the vegetables with the coriander.
– Leave to marinate 15 minutes before serving.
3. To assemble the corn cakes
– Divide the pulled pork between 4 corn cakes.
– Top with the carrot and beetroot slaw, finish with a dollop of chipotle mayo and a few coriander leaves.